005: The Big Hairy Monster Attacking Millennial Entrepreneurs
Listen Here and Now Whether You’re Millennial or Not
Five reasons why Entrepreneurship is NOT dying among Millennials.
Quotable of the Week
“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” -Pablo Picasso
You might not expect an artist to be all about goals and plans. Maybe that’s why Picasso had so much success during his lifetime, unlike many artists.
Highlights from the Episode
- There is a big hairy monster attacking Millennials and keeping them from starting businesses. This monster crushes dreams in its wart-covered hands. It laughs and laughs as the shards of crushed dreams slide through its fingers.
- This monster is beatable though. Millennials just need some practice and some tenacity. By fighting back, little by little the monster gets smaller and smaller until… poof! it’s gone.
- The New York Times article referenced.
- Is entrepreneurship dead or dying for those under 35 right now? I don’t think so.
- Check out Not Your Average Financial Podcast. The stat referenced is from episode 2.
- I share 5 of the hundreds of reasons why.
- The Forbes article referenced in reason 2.
- Living life on our own terms is a requirement for most Millennials. Entrepreneurship is still the #1 way to make it happen.
- We’re passionate about helping Millennials become and succeed as entrepreneurs, even in the face of their own debt monsters. Please reach out to us and we’ll see how we can help you (even if it’s simply introducing you to the person who helped us).
p.s. If you’re on the market for the best budgeting application, we can’t recommend YNAB enough. Along with our financial advisor, YNAB was instrumental in getting out of debt while living the entrepreneurial life. It’s awesome for anyone with variable income. Sign up for a 34 day trial here.
(We wouldn’t recommend YNAB if we didn’t LOVE it. Full disclosure: If you end up using it after clicking the link above, we get a small discount for ourselves.)