006: Our #1 Tool Recommendation
Listen Here and Now for the Tool Recommendation
We share our #1 tool recommendation and step-by-step how to master using it to grow your revenue and your impact. We also throw in some tips on good times to bring it out of your “toolbox.”
Quotable of the Week
“The journey is the reward.” -Steve Jobs
Two points here: (1) It’s not about what you have. It’s about who you become along the journey. (2) You chose the journey. Chose the one that will help you become a better version of yourself.
Highlights from the Episode
- “Too Many Options Disorder” keep us from making a decision or we try to do too many things.
- In a business setting, trying to do too many things hinders our success and causes burnout.
- This is the lesson for Social Entrepreneurship: You are going to come up with or come across so many ideas and options for your business. Yet, there are only a few that are worth pursuing. There are only a few that will actually work for you.
- Here’s the #1 tool: FOCUS!
- Another Steve Jobs quotation: “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.” (Apple Worldwide Developers’ Conference, 1997)
- How do you master focus? We share a step-by-step action plan including important times to take the steps.
- Most if not all of us walk about with hundreds, maybe even thousands, of ideas in our heads. With all these ideas in our heads, we’re holding ourselves back. Even completing Step A can be super helpful.
- Focus is also a daily practice. Still the first step is to make that list.