014: Our Lessons Learned in 2017
Listen Here and Now for Our Top 5 Lessons Learned in 2017
We share the top 5 and the stories that helped us learn these lessons. See which ones inspire and encourage you this New Year!
Quotable of the Week
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” -Confucius
Reflection is the noblest way to learn wisdom. Reflect on your year and on what we share about our year.
Highlights from the Episode
- We shared in episode 011 about our year-end review process that helped us uncover these lessons. Check out that episode here: 011: Forget Resolutions, Set a 2018 Business Goal You’ll Actually Accomplish
- Important Note: Reflect on these. Some might apply to you but not all.
1. Podcasting is better than YouTube videos [4 min 23 sec]
- This time last year we were doing YouTube videos every week. We did that through September.
- In October, we switched to podcasting. We already have a lot more listeners for the podcast than we did viewers on YouTube.
- We didn’t change the marketing efforts.
2. Facebook groups are better than LinkedIn groups [6 min 50 sec]
- We believe this true at least in terms of engagement. Plus, we can do Facebook Lives.
- Again, we didn’t change the marketing efforts much. The same efforts just reached more people.
- Join the Business Activist Entrepreneur Community Facebook group here.
3. Planning, hosting, and teaching a workshop is too much until we have a team. [8 min 57 sec]
- Back in May, Amanda planned, hosted, and taught a workshop about productivity. It was good but it was too much work for 1 person, even being a super productive person.
- Just in case, here’s a link to the workshop recording. We call it the Ultimate Guide to Entrepreneurial Productivity.
- There are a lot of pros to live workshops. We just want to do them when we have more of a team to help.
4. Almost everyone we’ve coached, we’ve referred to our financial advisor as well. [12 min 25 sec]
- Money is a big asset or hindrance for entrepreneurs.
- We’ve been able to accomplish big things because of our financial advisor.
- In the near future, we’ll be able to do some of the things he does and teach it to you!
- You’ll be hearing about money a lot more this year.
- Ready to hear more now? Contact us and let us know.
5. When a flower doesn’t bloom, you don’t blame the flower. You blame the environment. Environment is crucial. [14 min 50 sec]
- This lesson is courtesy of James Wedmore.
- We share the details about the environment of our social enterprise coffee shop.
- Major lesson: as entrepreneurs, we’re not flowers. We chose our environment. With whom you surround yourself is very important. Chose well.
We’d love to hear from you.
Sharing is caring. Leave a comment below with your lessons learned from 2017. Share however many you’d like.