019: Mardi Gras Special: FOMO to JOMO
Listen Here and Now for our Special Mardi Gras Episode
We share how JOMO and FOMO apply to entrepreneurs and Amanda’s best strategy for embracing JOMO within our businesses and lives.
Quotable of the Week
“Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one directionally, without regret or reservation.” -William Sheldon
Brandon does this for Paczki Day now so that he doesn’t have FOMO or regret missing Mardi Gras in his hometown of New Orleans.
Highlights from the Episode
- You’ve probably heard of FOMO – Fear Of Missing Out.
- There’s an alternate narrative replacing FOMO. It is JOMO – Joy Of Missing Out.
- What does this have to do with business?
- Plenty! Amanda shares some examples with marketing decisions, important projects, and making sure we spend time on our true priorities (including life outside of work… yes, some entrepreneurs want to have that too!)
- JOMO goes deeper than saying “no” to external things. As entrepreneurs, we need to look internally and learn to say “no” to ourselves (and our gadgets).
- I share all of this because it sets me up to share with you my main strategy to embrace JOMO and transform your business and reaching your true priorities… listen to the episode at 10 minutes and 30 seconds to hear my strategy and my 3 top tips to implementing it correctly.
This time of year is a great time to take your productivity seriously. My “The Ultimate Guide to Entrepreneurial Productivity” is specially crafted for digital efficiency and for Activist Entrepreneurs. Learn more.